We're Jason, Beth, Lee Anna, Sawyer, and Sarah Claire, a family of five living, learning, and laughing lots in Northern Africa.
We hope you can learn a little (and maybe laugh a little too) as you read about our latest adventures.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Birthday Surprises

This boy makes me so happy. Last night when we were out at dinner, he grabbed a crayon and started writing me the precious note you see above (click on it to enlarge). True, he got some help with spelling, and his first attempt at an "M" ended up upside down, but we were both very surprised...and impressed! He's still a year away from kindergarten, and we haven't worked on writing at all! Plus, what Mom wouldn't love a note like that?
I also got this delightful surprise from my thoughtful husband a few days ago. I had had a pretty rough day, and he went to two different stores to find a can of Dr. Pepper for me. I enjoyed every sip!

Thanks to my boys, it's already been a great birthday, and the big day isn't even here yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment