We're Jason, Beth, Lee Anna, Sawyer, and Sarah Claire, a family of five living, learning, and laughing lots in Northern Africa.
We hope you can learn a little (and maybe laugh a little too) as you read about our latest adventures.

Friday, July 20, 2007

What a Relief

The other day I pulled out our English-Arabic dictionary to check on the meaning of a word we'd been hearing but were unsure about. I wasn't sure of the Arabic spelling, so I looked up the English word that I thought was its equivalent. When I did, I came across some very important information in the "S" section of our dictionary. I'm sure you will all be as relieved as I was to know that there are Arabic translations for the English words slumpflation, slivovitz, and smilax. I mean, I rarely get through a day when I don't want to use one of those words speaking English, so it means a lot to me that now I can say them in Arabic, too.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! I almost slivovitzed off my slumpflation. You know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete