We're Jason, Beth, Lee Anna, Sawyer, and Sarah Claire, a family of five living, learning, and laughing lots in Northern Africa.
We hope you can learn a little (and maybe laugh a little too) as you read about our latest adventures.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Time For a Little Redecorating

BEFORE AFTER
Since most of you will never get to visit my apartment and stand in front of my walls to admire pictures like these, I thought I would share them here. :) And I also just wanted to show this frame because I'm so excited about it. I have always loved having things custom-framed (especially since the kiddos came along), but in America wasn't able to do so very often because it is so, so expensive there. Here, it's a different story. Framing is very affordable, so I've done a lot of it! I've had several things framed for the kids' room, all with navy blue frames but with different, brightly-colored mats. I finally had to make myself stop because I was worried about how many frames I was accumulating.

This time, I decided that instead of getting a new frame, I should change out the pictures in one of the old ones.
The "Before" picture is what has been hanging in the kids' room for the last year and a half (sorry the picture is so dark and blurry--it looked cuter than that in real life). The pictures are of Lee Anna at age 2. Recently, though, I discovered that we had gathered quite a collection of "face paint" pictures (since that's something they do a lot here), and thought it would be fun to put them all together. So that's what I did.

I love how it turned out. As you can see, Sawyer hasn't gotten quite as elaborate with his face painting adventures yet, but I'm sure it won't be long before he decides he wants the full tiger face or something else doomed to end up all over my clothes before we get home!
Thanks for letting me show off a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment