We're Jason, Beth, Lee Anna, Sawyer, and Sarah Claire, a family of five living, learning, and laughing lots in Northern Africa.
We hope you can learn a little (and maybe laugh a little too) as you read about our latest adventures.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Role Reversal

The kids are both taking medicine right now for colds and an ear infection, and I think it's affecting their sleeping habits a little bit. Sawyer, who is usually our please-don't-make-me-go-to-bed, toss-and-turn-for-an-hour-or-more-before-falling-asleep kid, has been konking out super early. Last night, before I even told them it was time for bed, he came and put his head down in my lap and said, "I sleepy."

Lee Anna, on the other hand, is usually asleep within minutes of her head hitting the pillow. This week, however, she's been coming to see us an hour or more after we turn off the lights, still not asleep.

Tonight we said good night around 8:30, and an hour and a half later she came out to tell me that she wants blue, white, and pink to be the colors of her birthday cake when she turns five. I told her she'll probably have to remind me, since she won't turn five until next June!

Luckily, colds don't last forever, so I'm sure they'll be back to their old ways by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment