We're Jason, Beth, Lee Anna, Sawyer, and Sarah Claire, a family of five living, learning, and laughing lots in Northern Africa.
We hope you can learn a little (and maybe laugh a little too) as you read about our latest adventures.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shower Time

Some sweet friends here threw a baby shower for me today. However, it was a little non-traditional because there were no actual presents at the shower. Since we're heading to the states in just a few weeks, and the baby will be born there, everyone chose a gift to order online and have shipped to my parents' house in Florida. Today each guest just brought a card with a picture of the gift they had purchased (Isn't that a fun idea? I never would have thought of it).

It was lots of fun to see those cute things and know they'll be waiting for us when we get to America! Apparently, though, the whole concept is a little abstract for a 4-year-old to grasp. At bedtime tonight, Lee Anna asked me, "Mama, why didn't they give you presents for real?"

Sadly, we did not take a single picture at the shower. I don't know how I let that happen, but I did. You'll have to take my word for it that everything was very pretty. They even had cute "baby" plates and napkins brought in all the way from the states (we can't get those here). This picture is the best I can do: the kids holding the balloons I brought home for them from the shower. These balloons provided a whole evening's worth of entertainment!

It was a fun day celebrating our newest little blessing. Now we just need to get her here so we can put her in all those sweet little outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment