We're Jason, Beth, Lee Anna, Sawyer, and Sarah Claire, a family of five living, learning, and laughing lots in Northern Africa.
We hope you can learn a little (and maybe laugh a little too) as you read about our latest adventures.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

One on Two, Day 2

Day two started about 7:00 this morning when Sawyer woke up crying. I took him to bed with me and we both headed back to sleep. Then twenty minutes later, Lee Anna sat up in her bed and started screaming "Mommy." Well, I took her to our bed, too, and the three of us rested peacefully for another hour. I got up a little before they did. Since we didn't have school today, I just let them sleep until they woke up. Generally, however, that just means they slept until Lee Anna woke up. She seldom wakes up quietly.

All in all, it was a pretty quiet day. Sawyer napped from noon to 2:00, and we all played out on the back porch until Lee Anna decided she'd rather climb the fence--even when I told her we'd have to go inside if she didn't come down.

The most exciting hour was from 5:00 to 6:00. I wanted to go out to eat, since we'd all been at home all day. So about five, I started telling Lee Anna that it was time to get ready and go. First, she didn't want to put her shoes on, then I decided she really needed to wear some cleaner clothes. So we went to the closet, and she didn't want to wear anything I picked. She really wanted to wear the new pink skirt with the new orange floral print shirt. Now I don't know it all, but I knew that wouldn't work. She also wanted me to braid her hair, but i couldn't even make a decent-looking pony tail! She found this headband in a giveaway box, but I didn't actually let her wear it out to eat!


We made it to McDonald's and back, and even stopped by to visit with Keith and the boys. Their Mommy is gone off with ours.

Now Daddy is really sleepy, so this is all he's going to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment