We're Jason, Beth, Lee Anna, Sawyer, and Sarah Claire, a family of five living, learning, and laughing lots in Northern Africa.
We hope you can learn a little (and maybe laugh a little too) as you read about our latest adventures.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Gimme a D...

Continuing the Show-and-Tell theme, here's a picture of our latest little craft project. Well, it's also probably our first little craft project. I have always been very not crafty, and really sort of scared of anything too artsy. But I've recently started doing something in the scrapbooking realm that I might blog about another time (I'm sure most of you are thrilled to hear that!), and it's given me enough confidence to try something like this. We just recently bought the mirror/coat rack, but we've already got another coat rack on a nearby wall, so I wanted to do something different with these hooks. And there happened to be five hooks, which lends itself nicely to a last name like ours.

I also recently acquired a stash of fun, pretty, artsy stuff from some wonderful ladies in Jacksonville, Florida. I would never have attempted this if I hadn't had such fun papers and buttons and stuff to start with, so thanks girls!

Lee Anna helped me put on the finishing touches today, and then insisted on hanging each letter herself. She's a great little helper, and so proud that her last name is hanging on the wall now. Our dinner conversation went like this.

Me: Our last name is Davis. Sawyer's name is Sawyer Davis, and Lee Anna's name is Lee Anna Davis. And what's my name?

Lee Anna: Mama Davis!

2 comments:

  1. VERY CUTE! I'm so impressed!!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, Martha! I don't believe it :) It's ubber cute. Nice work over there.

    ReplyDelete