We're Jason, Beth, Lee Anna, Sawyer, and Sarah Claire, a family of five living, learning, and laughing lots in Northern Africa.
We hope you can learn a little (and maybe laugh a little too) as you read about our latest adventures.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

A Cultural Experience
Lee Anna and I (Beth) had a new experience last week. We got to visit the home of my new friend and eat a meal with her and her daughter. Rania and Lee Anna are about the same age, and they had a good time playing together. My friend told us to come at 6:00, so we left our house around 6:30 and got there at 6:45 (very culturally appropriate). When we got there, she was still snapping the green beans for our meal. It was after 8:00 before we ate anything! Lee Anna and I both liked the food, although Lee Anna didn't really like waiting that late to eat. My friend promised to teach me how to make some of the national dishes sometime soon. We'll see how that goes. I'm not very good at cooking American dishes, much less North African ones!

We've got some pictures of the girls to show you, but our browser doesn't seem to want to share them tonight, so we'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment