We're Jason, Beth, Lee Anna, Sawyer, and Sarah Claire, a family of five living, learning, and laughing lots in Northern Africa.
We hope you can learn a little (and maybe laugh a little too) as you read about our latest adventures.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Say What?? (2)
Just to show that we're all human, Beth read a sentence in our Arabic book and said "the girl put on her milk" when it should have said "she put on her clothes." In her defense, liban (milk) and libis (clothes) do look a lot alike in Arabic letters.

Not to be outdone, when the teacher asked us to tell what we had done the day before, I said "I got up early and travelled (safirit) a little" when I meant to say "I got up early and had a little breakfast (fitirit)". She asked (in Arabic) where I had travelled to, and I--thinking she was asking what I had for breakfast--said Corn Flakes! So now there's a new country in North Africa called Corn Flakes. Maybe that's where the milk and honey flow?

No comments:

Post a Comment