We're Jason, Beth, Lee Anna, Sawyer, and Sarah Claire, a family of five living, learning, and laughing lots in Northern Africa.
We hope you can learn a little (and maybe laugh a little too) as you read about our latest adventures.

Monday, March 06, 2006



Mealtime with a Toddler
Our mealtimes have become more exciting lately as Lee Anna has decided she is capable of feeding herself. She now spends most of the meal saying, "A-ho, a-ho" which means "I want to hold the spoon myself." She needs a little work on accuracy, but she's getting there. I told Jason yesterday that we get to spend our mealtimes the next 3 years reminding her to keep eating, and then we get to do it again with #2.

Another funny Lee Anna story: Last night, after we had put her to bed, she started yelling from her crib for milk, which she pronounces "mil-Kah." After several minutes of this, Jason got her up and took her to the kitchen. When they got to the fridge, she said "wa-wa." When we asked her if she wanted milk or water, she said, "juice." I guess she thought she should try out all the options in case one didn't work out!

3 comments:

  1. I can definitely teel from the picture that she is her Mama's girl.I remember those meals.Your cruel Mom used to grind up liver and feed it to you. I think there are laws against that.Papaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. hay jason and beth!!!!!!! and lee anna! i miss yall a ton! i'm excited to hear about how yalls wonderful journey in life is goin! it excites me and encourages me! i dont know if you got my email, or if i even wrote you on it, but i got a one on solo and ensemble! and get 2 go to state! >.. and this sunday coming up, me and katie are singing doxology again! cool huh! well i cant wait 2 hear from you personaly! i understand if you are busy too... did you hear about drew and hailey...? love you... MARLANA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys, we really miss ya'll around here. Rebecca and Emma say hello. I am glad ya'll went to see the pyramids. That must have been really cool. Ric and I are thinking about getting new speakers for the small room. We are tired of the borrowed stuff. We want our own. Everything is going well, except Rebecca and I are the youngest couple again. But, that is okay. i was starting to feel a little old anyways. We love ya'll... Johnathan

    ReplyDelete